Cheshire East to implement bus service timetable changes
13 March 2018
Maps of the bus routes in the borough have now been published by Cheshire East Council to reflect key changes to services from 1 April.
The biggest changes are in:
- The 78 service will be replaced by the new 317 service which goes from Alsager and Rode Heath to Sandbach and Leighton Hospital.
- The current 77 service from Congleton to Kidsgrove and the 315 service from Congleton to Alsager and Rode Heath will also be replaced by the new 318 service. The new 318 will go from Congleton via Mount Pleasant, Kidsgrove, Scholar Green and Rode Heath to Alsager.
The 3 service is operated commercially and is not part of the changes.
- The 51 service to Cronkinson Oak will become part of the 73 service to Audlem and Whitchurch;
- The 39 service from Crewe will extend to Sainsbury’s to cover the 52 service; and
- The 53 service to Millfields will become part of the 72 service to Wrenbury.
the P1 service is being merged with the 392. The new route, known as the 391 and 392, will follow the majority of the current 392 route from Macclesfield, before going via Middlewood, Park Lane, Clumber Road, Vernon Road and Copperfield Road in Poynton. The route will then continue along the current P1 route via Chester Road and Woodford Road to serve Poynton railway station and the Bird Estate, before going to Hazel Grove railway station and on to Stockport.
The changes take effect from Sunday 1 April, though due to the Easter holiday period the services will operate from Tuesday 3 April.
As well as changes to the subsidised bus services consulted on last summer, operators have also made changes to some of the commercially-operated bus routes across the borough.
The full list of all changes and new timetables can be viewed here Please view our updated maps here