Other Non-Recyclable Waste
Your black household waste bin is for non recyclable waste only. It is collected every two weeks on the alternate week to your recycling collections. Check the online calendar for collection dates.
Use plastic bags to contain the waste before you put it into the bin.
What you can and can't put into your non-recyclable waste bin
40% of waste from black bins in the north of the borough goes to create 'energy from waste' at Stoke-on-Trent energy. The resulting ash is being recycled into building materials. This means that we have removed 40% of our kerbside waste from landfill and the recycling of the ash will contribute to our recycling rate.
60% of waste from black bins from the south of the borough continues to be sent to Maw Green Landfill in Crewe. More information on landfill.
- Put your bin at the edge of your property, adjacent to the public highway, for collection
- Ensure the lid is closed and your bin is out for 7am on your collection day
- Return your bin to your property as soon as reasonably possible after collections have been made
- Additional household waste left next to the bin, will not be collected
- If you are elderly or disabled and will have difficulty moving the bin, please contact us on 0300 123 5011 to be considered for an assisted collection service.
If you are experiencing problems with your waste collection please go to our problems with collection page.
The black bin is collected every two weeks on the alternate week to your recycling collections. Check the online calendar for collection dates.
Waste and recycling is now provided by Ansa - a company owned by Cheshire East Council