Garden waste collection service
We offer a garden waste collection service every two weeks to all residents, bins may be a green or brown colour. The waste is taken to local farms to compost, where it is shredded, composted in large rows and finally spread onto the farmland.
What you can put into your garden waste bin
What you cant put in your garden waste bin
|Yes Please||No Thanks|
- Lawn mowings/edgings
- Cut flowers
- Hedge clippings
- Plants, twigs & small branches
- Plants from hanging baskets and planters
- Windfall from fruit trees
- Food waste
- Cooking fat, oil, wax or waxed packaging
- Soil (not attached to plants & weeds), stone, rubble or large amounts of turf
- Paper, plastic, glass, metals
- Disposable nappies,
- Any type of pet waste
- Vegetable peelings, salad, fruit*
- Tea, tea bags, coffee grounds and filters*
- Egg shells, stale bread and crusts*
- Feathers, pet straw, sawdust and wood shavings
* We cannot accept kitchen organic waste because of Foot and Mouth regulations. All waste collected from the Garden Waste Service goes back on to farmland, and we have to ensure that there is a break in the food chain to prevent any future outbreaks. However, if you do wish to dispose of kitchen organic waste, you can do so by home composting.
- Put your bin at the edge of your property, adjacent to the public highway, for collection
- Ensure the lid is closed and your bin is out for 7am on your collection day
- Return your bin to your property as soon as reasonably possible after collections have been made
- Additional garden waste left next to the bin, will not be collected
- If you are elderly or disabled and will have difficulty moving the bin, please contact us on 0300 123 5011 to be considered for an assisted collection service.
If you are experiencing problems with your waste collection please go to our problems with collection page.
When is my bin collected?
You can check out when your garden waste bin will be collected using the online My Collection Day app.
Additional garden waste bins
We offer one free garden waste bin to all residents. However, we do realise that some households have larger gardens and find it easier to use more than one garden bin for their needs. We offer additional garden waste bins at an annual charge of £47 each. To arrange for a garden waste bin to be delivered to your home, please contact us on 0300 123 5011 where your request can be processed and payment taken.
Alternatively, you can follow this link for information on home composting.
Waste and recycling is now provided by Ansa - a company owned by Cheshire East Council