Problems with Collection
If you are having problems with your waste and recycling collections get in touch with us to discuss any issues. Here is information on the more common concerns.
My Bin Hasn't Been Emptied
- The bin needs to be on the kerbside collection point by 7:00am on the day of collection. Crews have until 5pm to make collection. The time of the collection may vary (eg road closures etc). In the unlikely event that your bin has been missed please tell us the next working day.
- The correct bin must be presented on the correct day
- The bin lid must be closed so that the collection crew can attach the bin onto the vehicle safely for emptying . If the lid is up, this will result in a non-collection.
- The bin must not be too heavy for our operatives to move
- The bin has the correct materials in it (i.e. recyclable waste in a recycling bin/container) and no other types of waste present.
- The bin lid maybe frozen to the bin in extreme weather conditions
- Road not accessible for example due to road works or parked vehicles.
If you still think that your bin has been missed then let us know through the report a missed bin online form
. We will aim to contact you within 5 working days. Or call 0300 123 5011.
Check Your Collection Day Online
Residents of Cheshire East can check their forthcoming collection days online.
Common questions asked about refuse and recycling collections:
We understand that larger families may need some extra space for their refuse and recycling, please complete the online form.
Bin lost or stolen
Let us know about your situation and we'll see how we can help you.
Difficulty presenting your bins
Where possible the bins should be presented by 7:00am for collection on the morning of the collection day. If you are unable to get the waste and recycling bins to the kerbside we can help you. Request assistance using the Bin Collection Pull-Out Assistance form.
I am a new resident
If you are a new resident and you don’t have the correct bins let us know about your situation and we'll see what we can do.
Bulky waste collection
We can help with bulky waste. For more information on this chargeable service please see the Bulky Waste Collection page.
We are dedicated to reducing the amount of waste produced in the area. Where possible we will repair your bin, or issue a replacement if necessary.
For other questions and answers on the recycling and waste service, please visit the Frequently Asked Questions page.
Waste and recycling is now provided by Ansa - a company owned by Cheshire East Council