Reduce, Reuse and Recycle!
By being more aware of what we buy, reusing what we can and recycling where possible, we will be helping to improve the environment by saving raw materials and energy. If we can :
- Reduce the amount of potential waste we bring into our homes
- Reuse items where possible instead of buying new, and
- Recycle as much as we can,
Then finally we are left with a smaller amount of waste to dispose of. Have a look at the many ways you can reduce, reuse and recycle:
The transformation that can take place when you recycle is quite amazing. For example:
- In just seven days, your paper could come back as another newspaper
- In just six weeks your metal can could be recycled and used as part of a fridge, a car, a plane.. or simply another metal can!
- Your glass bottles could be recycled into house insulation
- And plastic bottles could be made into a cosy fleece jacket!
The UK produces more than 434 million tonnes of waste every year. This rate of rubbish generation would fill the Albert Hall in less than two hours (source:Waste Online). Most gets dumped in landfill sites - but a lot could be recycled. And when the possibilities really are endless, why throw it all away?!
Waste and recycling is now provided by Ansa - a company owned by Cheshire East Council